Niche Tech Business – General Counsel
A growing tech company needs a General Counsel to lead its Japan legal team, to advise on a range of legal, compliance and risk matters, while working closely with colleagues in Japan and overseas.
- Lead Japan legal team including management of staff
- Advise on all Japan-related business activities from a legal perspective, providing regular advice to management and other internal clients
- Manage all compliance activities and corporate governance matters
- Coverage will also include transactional matters, IP matters and risk management
- Qualified lawyer, admitted in Japan, the US, or another jurisdiction
- 10 years’ experience as an attorney, either in private practice on in-house
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Commercially minded attorney with a track record of problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience, managing staff
- Interest in industry
- Native level Japanese, business level English
For more information about the position, please email Paul Cochrane directly.