Assistant General Counsel – Manufacturing Company
A top Japanese manufacturing company is seeking an Assistant General Counsel experienced in working with regulatory and government authorities.
- Provision of regulatory/commercial legal advice
- Preparation of responses and drafting of appropriate documents
- Strategize and manage interations with regualtors and/or investigators
- Work with outside counsels when needed
- Timely reporting of strategies and status to management.
- 10-15 years’ experience as lawyer (both private practice and in-house)
- Proven legal experience in a business environment
- Outstanding writing, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with regulators, external counsel, public authority and to build trust
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, analytical, logical, has good organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Able to propose creative but practical solutions
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Attorney qualification.
- Native or near-native level English
- Japanese reading, writing, and verbal communication skills (useful but not essential)
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- TOEIC：850 minimum
For more information about the position, please email Paul Cochrane directly.